Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Lincoln Children’s Zoo. Becoming a volunteer makes a difference in our community. Every year hundreds of volunteers put in thousands of hours supporting staff and animals at the zoo. The zoo is a longstanding Lincoln attraction that has been able to provide a memorable visit for people of all ages, due in great part to the volunteers who support it. If you enjoy nature, hearing the laughter of children and seeing wonder in their eyes, become a volunteer at the zoo.
Volunteers work in every department of the zoo including animal care, education, facilities and more. Volunteer positions are available year round.
The Benefits of Volunteering
In addition to the personal fulfillment and enjoyment of volunteering at Lincoln Children’s Zoo, our volunteers receive numerous other benefits.
• Enthusiastic team of volunteers and staff
• Flexible schedule
• Variety of volunteer activities
• A weekly volunteer enewsletter
• Regular recognition for your services
• Opportunities to gain valuable customer service and public relations skills
• Discounts on food and gift shop purchases
• Membership discounts for next year (based on hours of service)
• Free admission passes (based on hours of service)
Volunteers rarely work directly with the handling and care of zoo animals.
The Lincoln Children’s Zoo offers unpaid internships for current or recent college students. Internships are available in our animal sections as well as education.
The Lincoln Children's Zoo is now offering apprenticeships in zookeeping! Apprenticeships are available within our Animal Department and Ambassador Animals.
Lincoln Children’s Zoo's Mission: "To enrich lives through firsthand interaction with living things." Make a difference - Volunteer at Lincoln Children’s Zoo!