The Lincoln Children’s Zoo is offering unpaid internships for current or recent college students. Internships are available in both our animal and education departments.
Internships are offered for spring, summer, and fall semesters, but not all areas will have positions available during all semesters
• All applicants must be at least 18 years old as of the internship start date.
• Pay a one time $25 fee to offset the cost of your Intern uniform shirt, processing your application, name tag, continuing education materials, and social events.
• All applicants must be a current or recent student in a field related to the desired placement.
• The minimum time commitment is 200 hours during the semester. Specific hours may be scheduled to meet the needs of both the intern and the department. Communications and Marketing interns require a minimum of 60 hours.
• Interns must complete any necessary training specific to their position.
• Any applicable university or college credit must be arranged by the student through their institution.
• All housing and transportation must be arranged by the intern.
• Animal Care interns are required to provide proof of a negative TB test on their first day.
• Application due dates are as follows unless the specific position you are interested in states otherwise.
• All applicants must provide a cover letter, current resume and one letter of recommendation from either a professor or previous employer.
• Completion of an internship does not guarantee full-time or part-time job placement at the Lincoln Children’s Zoo.
Please click the following link to learn more about each of our available internship opportunities and to download each section’s job description:
Summer 2015 Application Open: January 31, 2015 – March 31, 2015
Fall 2015 Application Open: July 31. 2015 – August 21, 2015
Spring 2015 Application Open: September 13, 2014 – December 30, 2014
For questions regarding the Internship Program email or call 402.475.6741 ext. 129.