Lincoln Children’s Zoo is looking for qualified interns to join our communications team. Our communications team oversees the Zoo's Summer Camp Facebook group and takes photos of Zoo camps, events, guests and animals. Photos taken during this internship will be shared with Zoo Camp parents and used in Zoo marketing and social media. This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of photography.
- Take photos during Summer Zoo Camps
- Additional opportunities to takes photos of animals, events, guests, Zoo Crew, etc.
- Edit and organize photos
- Interns may be asked to assist with posting Zoo Camp photos to Zoo Camp Facebook group
- Existing knowledge of photography is required
- Ability to operate a DSLR camera (Personal camera gear is not required)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or Lightroom is preferred
- A photography portfolio is required for consideration
- This is an unpaid summer internship/volunteer position
- Internship can be used for college or volunteer credit with proper paperwork and hours. Intern is responsible for gathering the required materials to receive college credit
- Summer internships typically run from late May to early August
- Interns typically work a minimum of 10 hours a week, Monday through Friday
- Intern schedule is flexible, but availability during Zoo Camp is required. Zoo Camp runs Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm
- This internship is designed for current college students, however exceptions can be made. Please let us know if you are interested but not a current college student.
Photography, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Art and other relevant majors preferred. Other majors accepted with portfolio of previous photography experience.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are no longer hiring for the summer 2023 internship. Thank you for your interest!