Food & Beverage Manager
Position: Full-time / Exempt
Position Pay Range: $32,000 - $34,000 annually
Department: Guest Experience
Supervisor: Director of Guest Experience
The Zoo was established 52 years ago in 1965. Rated among the nation's best zoos for children by Parent Magazine, the Zoo is home to over 400 different animals and 40 endangered animals and is the third most attended arts & cultural attraction in Nebraska. The Zoo has been featured on NBC Today, Time Magazine, ABC News, USA Today, Buzzfeed, CNN and National Geographic.
Lincoln Children's Zoo Core Values
- Have each other’s back
- Play to win and swing for the fences
- Be optimistic and generate enthusiasm
- Treat our Guests like Friends
- Be humble
- Bring it everyday
Responsibilities & Duties
The Food & Beverage Manager’s main responsibility is operating the Safari Café. The café offers a full lunch and snack menu 7 days a week during the open season. Responsibilities include staffing, scheduling and management of café and private events. Food and beverage ordering, procedure development and inventory management for cost control and ROI. The café and catering manager is expected to train, lead and manage café and catering team to provide exceptional guest service.The Manager is a full-time year-round position with weekend hours, holidays, and occasional evening work. Schedule is subject to seasonal changes. The ideal candidate must have food preparation and management experience and be exceptional at Guest service. Rental/catering experience and event planning experience a plus.
- Assist with hiring, training, scheduling and coordinating staff
- Ensure each Guest has a great visit by anticipating Guest’s needs and empowering staff to meet those needs.
- Oversee opening and closing procedures
- Ensure highest food quality and standards while maintaining safety standards
- Evaluate food and beverage service quality and efficiency regularly and implement strategies to improve areas of concern
- Responsible for managing the inventory; this includes inventory selection, control, loss management, and minimizing waste
- Facilitates relationships between the Zoo and its suppliers/vendors
- Oversee the facility rentals program; including sales, planning, and implementation
- Oversee the development and implementation of the new snack kiosk giving the Zoo a second food service location.
- Oversee the birthday party program
- Functions as Duty Manager as needed
- Supports the Director of Guest Experience by performing other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and positively influence others to contribute to organizational effectiveness
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate personnel to meet Zoo objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Be hands on and be able to do any task that is needed to be performed