Zookeeping and Animal Care internships are seprated into categories. Choose the categorie(s) below to apply. Please review the internship requirement priror to completing your application.
Zookeeping & Animal Care Internship Requirements
Zookeeping and Animal Care Internships
- All applicants must be at least 18 years old as of the internship start date.
- Pay a one time $20 fee to offset the cost of your Intern uniform shirt, processing your application, name tag, continuing education materials, and social events.
- All applicants must be a current or recent student in a field related to the desired placement.
- The minimum time commitment is 200 hours during the semester. Specific hours may be scheduled to meet the needs of both the intern and the department.
- Interns must complete any necessary training specific to their position.
- Any applicable university or college credit must be arranged by the student through their institution.
- All housing and transportation must be arranged by the intern.
- Animal Care interns are required to provide proof of a negative TB test on their first day.
- Application due dates are as follows unless the specific position you are interested in states otherwise.
- All applicants must provide a cover letter, current resume and one letter of recommendation from either a professor or previous employer.
- Completion of an internship does not guarantee full-time or part-time job placement at the Lincoln Children’s Zoo.