Cotton top tamarins are found in rainforests and open woodlands of Columbia.
IN THE WILD – Fruit, insects, sap, fallen eggs, nectar, small invertebrates and seeds
IN THE ZOO – Fruit and insects
- Live in groups that consist of 2 to 14 tamarins
- Groups are led by the oldest female
- Forage by day and sleep in a tree at night
- While the others sleep, one tamarin stays on guard to protect from predators • Each group member is groomed equally in order to maintain their bond
- Use scent marking to secure their territory