Zookeeping and Animal Care internships are seprated into categories. Choose the categorie(s) below to apply. Please review the internship requirement priror to completing your application.
Zookeeping and Animal Care Internship Requirements
• All applicants must be at least 18 years old as of the internship start date.
• Pay a one time $25 fee to offset the cost of your Intern uniform shirt, processing your application, name tag, continuing education materials, and social events.
• All applicants must be a current or recent student in a field related to the desired placement.
• The minimum time commitment is 200 hours during the semester. Specific hours may be scheduled to meet the needs of both the intern and the department.
• Interns must complete any necessary training specific to their position.
• Any applicable university or college credit must be arranged by the student through their institution.
• All housing and transportation must be arranged by the intern.
• Animal Care interns are required to provide proof of a negative TB test on their first day.
• Application due dates are as follows unless the specific position you are interested in states otherwise.
• All applicants must provide a cover letter, current resume and one letter of recommendation from either a professor or previous employer.
• Completion of an internship does not guarantee full-time or part-time job placement at the Lincoln Children’s Zoo.
Click here to apply.