Guest Relations & Gift Shop Manager
Department: Guest Relations
Supervisor’s Title: General Manager
Position Pay Range: $25,000-$32,000
Personnel Classification: Year Round Full time / Exempt
The Lincoln Children’s Zoo is the number one family attraction in Lincoln with nearly 200,000 visitors a year. Its 7.5 acres is home to more than 300 animals, many of them rare and endangered.
The Guest Relations Manager will be responsible for the overall quality of the guest experience at the Zoo. This position plans, directs, manages, and oversees the activities and operations of the Guest Relations department as it relates to the experiences that the Zoo delivers to its guests in preparation for, during and after their visit. This position is a year-round full time position.
Overall responsibility for the following departments:
Zoo Ticketing at Front Gate
Attractions and Rides (Pony Ride, Camel Feed Station)
Group Reservations and Field Trips
- Leads and is accountable for managing the complete process and development of the department's operating budget, including the annual merchandise plan for the Gift Shop. Is accountable for meeting annual net income goals and offers strategies for enhancement.
- Overseeing employee hiring, orientation, scheduling and training. Establishes a team-oriented environment that provides a rewarding work experience for staff and an outstanding experience for visitors. Coaching and developing staff and area supervisors.
- Maintains cash control procedures and follow-up on any cash discrepancies.
- Defining the Zoo's guest experience both quantitatively (programs and services offered) and qualitatively (standards and outcomes desired) and overseeing the execution of the guest experience standards throughout the Zoo.
- Responsible for managing the inventory for the Gift Shop, this includes inventory selection, control, and loss management.
- Work with the Director of Strategic Communications to improve the guest experience and maintain consistent brand imaging.
- Facilitates relationships between the Zoo and its suppliers/vendors.
Minimum of five years work related experience and at least two-year supervisory experience.
Demonstrated strong customer service, and experience developing and implementing guest centric systems and procedures.
Experience managing an operation budget and variable labor costs.
Proven track record in a fast-paced, high-volume environment; strong problem solving and decision making skills; well organized and detail oriented.
Proficiency in POS and related information systems. Experience with Microsoft programs and spreadsheets.
Demonstrated knowledge of internal control systems for cash and tickets.
Adept at forging effective relationships with key people and interest groups within the organization, e.g., all levels of employees, managers, union leaders, volunteer leaders, etc.
Able to work a flexible schedule, which will include weekends, some holidays and occasional evenings.
Work schedule varies and will include weekend, evening and holiday work. This department supports other special events when requested.
Review of applicants will begin immediately. If interested, please submit your resume through website or email to email@example.com