Guest Relations Crew Member
Responsible for Initiating and completing admissions, memberships, retail sales, delivering a great customer service and preparing and delivering delicious food for our guest. Approximately 20 hours, available shifts include weekday, weekends, nights and holidays. With weekends a must.
Areas worked by Guest Relations Staff: Admissions, Gift Shop, Café and Custodial.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Make guest feel welcome by creating outstanding experiences, they will remember. Therefore being able to provide superior guest service is a must.
- Must greet every guest with a smile and be friendly.
- Be able to perform routine tasks relating to the guest service and cleanliness of the Zoo.
- Must be able to stay current on the daily activities at the zoo and be able to communicate them to guests.
- Prepares food accurately and ensures that all food and beverages are being delivered with the highest quality in mind.
- Be able to accurately work the register system.
- Provide an overall safe environment for all guest and staff.
- Have great cash handling skills. To ensure guests are getting the appropriate change back and the drawer is accurate at the end of the day.
- Reports to work on time for scheduled shifts and follows the attendance policy.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions
Work is done both inside and outside, and in all weather conditions. Work is highly physical. Daily work includes preparing food, Cleaning, interacting with guests. Must be able to lift heavy loads sometimes weighing more than 50 pounds.
An individual with strong interpersonal skills, who is highly self motivated, can work independently, and works well with co-workers and volunteers
Good verbal communication skills are essential
Basic math skills