Guest Relations Crew Member
Lincoln Children’s Zoo is looking for exceptional people to work for Lincoln’s #1 family attraction. With an annual attendance of 200,000 guests, this is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in guest relations, admissions, and food and beverage. Crew members work approximately 20-35 hours per week. Available shifts include weekday, weekends (required), nights and holidays.
Areas worked by Guest Relations Staff: Admissions, Gift Shop, Café and Custodial.
Position Pay Range: Hourly rate of $8.00
Personnel Classification: Part-time / Seasonal
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Create and provide outstanding guest experiences
• Must and greet every guest with a smile
• Perform routine tasks relating to the guest service and cleanliness of the Zoo
• Stay current on the daily activities at the Zoo and communicate them to guests
• Prepare food accurately and ensure all food and beverages are delivered with the highest quality
• Accurately work the point of sale system
• Provide an overall safe environment for all guest and staff
• Have great cash handling skills
• Report to work on time for scheduled shifts and follow the attendance policy
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions
Work is done both inside and outside as well as in all weather conditions. Daily work includes cash handling, preparing food, cleaning and interacting with guests. Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
An individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills, possess basic math skills, is highly self-motivated, can work independently and works well with co-workers and volunteers.