Guest Relations Operational Manager – Café Focus
Exempt Position: 40 hrs/wk min
Schedule: Flexible; However Nights, Saturdays and Sundays are required
Department: Guest Relations (Café, Rentals, Custodial)
Objective: To be a visible member of the Guest Relations Management Team, by walking around and engaging guests during their visit. Ensure the Guest Service in the café and throughout the zoo are meeting the expectations according to guidelines set forth by the Director of Operations
Management of the Operations
- Be a source of energy during your shift. You should be giving people energy not taking it from them.
- Be a working manager, all managers are expected to be hands on and be able to do any task that is needed to be performed.
- Monitor cleanliness and maintenance of the Café to ensure the Lincoln Children’s Zoo standards are being exceed and/or met in these areas.
- Be an advocate for our guests, must be able to perceive what guests needs are. Then affectively communicate their needs to our crewmembers to ensure guests are enjoying their visit.
- Be responsible for the performance of the Café, Rentals and Custodial on and off scheduled shifts, being a team player is a must. Always set the next shift up for success.
- Ensure all food orders are being completed to the standards set in place by the Lincoln Children’s Zoo.
- Ensure all opening, mid-shift and closing procedures are being completed with excellence in a timely manner.
- Coach and train Crewmembers on the procedures of the Lincoln Children’s Zoo.
- Motivate Crewmembers to maximize their potential.
- Assure Crewmember and Guest safety throughout the zoo.
- Report all risk management issues to the Director of Guest Relations and to the proper department.
- Support and adherence to the ‘Zoo Look’ during shift.
Management of Business
- Manage labor cost, by knowing when to call in, transfer or cut crewmembers for the day based off of attendance and sales for the day.
- Monitor the amount of waste we have in supplies, defective products, and food.
- Monitor our sales and costs of goods.
- Monitor daily cash procedures.
- Provides and is aware of accurate inventory numbers and informs the Director of Guest Relations of all data.
- Has a sense of urgency when handling all Crewmembers and Guest situations.
Support all Zoo Areas
- Supports all areas of the zoo to ensure each guest has a great visit.
- Is aware all risk management and safety procedures, ensuring the safety of all Crewmembers and Guests.
- Ensure all marketing tools and signage is properly implemented.
- Proven leadership abilities
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and positively influence others to contribute to organizational effectiveness
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate personnel to meet Zoo objectives
- Valid Nebraska Drivers License and proof of insurability
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Have the ability to lift and/or carrying up to 50 pounds
- Actively working towards or have obtained a Bachelor degree or comparable experience
- Experience working for a non-profit that had admissions and membership or working for a theme park or similar for profit entity
- Previous experience in restaurant management