Supervisor’s Title: Director of Education
Position Pay Range: Hourly $8.50
Personnel Classification: Part-time/Seasonal
Principal Summary: The Zoo Instructor assists the zoo’s education department by enthusiastically delivering hands-on, educational programming to audiences of all ages.
- Delivers fun-filled, educational programs to summer campers.
- Develops program itinerary for each camp
- Introduces program participants to a variety of small animals.
- Represents the zoo in a positive manner by maintaining a positive attitude and delivering exceptional customer service.
- Actively contributes to positive guest experiences.
- Serves as a team player in the Education Department by supporting the department’s goals.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
Primary work outside during the open season. Lifting and carrying up to, but not to exceed 50 pounds. Will work directly with children and education program animals.
- Experience facilitating youth in informal education setting or related experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to supervise children
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Excellent ability to make independent decisions and delegate responsibility and duties.
- Ability to arrive to work on time and maintain a positive attendance record.
- Ability to work a highly flexible schedule.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.