Education Coordinator Internship
The Education Coordinator Intern assists the Zoo’s education department by aiding in the daily logistics of summer camp and enthusiastically delivering hands-on, educational programming to audiences of all ages. Interns will gain experience in program logistics/development, interpretation, education management and experiential learning methods.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of the zoo’s summer camps and teen volunteer program.Assists Education Coordinator in the overall coordination of the camp program.
• Represents the Zoo in a positive manner by maintaining a positive attitude and delivering exceptional customer service.
• Actively contributes to positive guest experiences.
• Serves as a team player in the Education Department by supporting the department’s goals.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions
Ability to walk comfortably travel around Zoo grounds. Lifting and carrying up to, but not to exceed 50 pounds. Will work directly with children and education program animals.
• Must be at least 18 years of age and enrolled in college or have obtained a college degree
• A strong interest in Zoo, early childhood, museum or nature education
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and the public
• Ability to arrive to work on time and maintain a positive attendance record
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent organization, presentation, and motivational skills
• Knowledge or willingness to learn database software
• Comfortable around a variety of animal species
• Ability to use a variety of interpretive techniques to convey information and transfer knowledge
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Good public speaking ability and willingness to give presentations in front of a large audience
Click here to apply.