Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
Lincoln Children’s Zoo is looking for qualified interns to join our marketing and communication team. Our marketing and communication department produces quality work for Lincoln Children’s Zoo, and seeks an intern who can participate in various stages of print and online marketing campaigns.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing, communications and public relations.
Internships are typically unpaid.
Interns will be assigned an area of focus. The list below includes all areas of focus.
• Assist in the creation of signage, circulars, mock ups, e-mail campaigns, on line promotion, etc.
• Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
• Assist with fulfillment of marketing offers
• Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
• Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
• Prepare presentations
• Open and sort mail
• Enter contact information into contact management systems
• Provide support to social media efforts
• Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
Lincoln Children’s Zoo is looking for an undergraduate student in the Lincoln area who is majoring in Communications, Sales, Marketing, Advertising or Art. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of web and social media. PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience as well as Adobe Create Suite is a preferred.
Must be available for at least 60 total hours. Interns typically work Monday through Friday, however some weekends may be needed. Four to ten hours a week is typical. Schedule is flexible.
Marketing, Sales, Advertising, Communications, Art