Hospitality and Retail Internship
Lincoln Children’s Zoo is looking for exceptional people to work for Lincoln’s #1 family attraction. With an annual attendance of 200,000 guests, this is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in guest relations, admissions and retail. Interns will assist the Guest Relations Manager and Director of Guest Relations as well as work along side other crew members.
• Create and provide outstanding guest experiences
• Greet every guest with a smile
• Assist the Guest Relations Manager in retail planning and execution
• Assist in the development of Guest Relations Department policies and procedures
• Perform routine tasks relating to the guest service and cleanliness of the Zoo
• Stay current on the daily activities at the Zoo and communicate them to guests
• Accurately work the point of sale system
• Provide an overall safe environment for all guest and staff
• Have great cash handling skills
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions
Work is done both inside and outside as well as in all weather conditions. Daily work includes cash handling, cleaning and interacting with guests. Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
An individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills, possess basic math skills, is highly self-motivated, can work independently and works well with co-workers and volunteers.