System Administrator/Point of Sale Engineer
Position: Full-time / Exempt
Position Pay Range: $34,000 - $36,000 annually
Department: Guest Experience
Supervisor: Director of Guest Experience
The Zoo was established 52 years ago in 1965. Rated among the nation's best zoos for children by Parent Magazine, the Zoo is home to over 400 different animals and 40 endangered animals and is the third most attended arts & cultural attraction in Nebraska. The Zoo has been featured on NBC Today, Time Magazine, ABC News, USA Today, Buzzfeed, CNN and National Geographic.
Lincoln Children's Zoo Core Values
- Have each other’s back
- Play to win and swing for the fences
- Be optimistic and generate enthusiasm
- Treat our Guests like Friends
- Be humble
- Bring it everyday
Responsibilities & Duties
The Operations Manager is the main system administrator for the point of sale system. They oversee the cash handling, technology, reporting and scheduling for the operations department. The Operations Manager also manages the Guest service staff.
The Manager is a full-time year-round position with weekend hours, holidays, and occasional evening work. Schedule is subject to seasonal changes. The ideal candidate would have experience managing a point of sale software.
- Supports all areas of the Zoo to ensure each Guest has a great visit by anticipating Guest’s needs and empowering staff to meet those needs
- Oversees the implementation and administration of the point of sale software
- Manages the retail portion of the website through the point of sale system
- Responsible for managing the inventory for the gift shop, this includes purchase orders and delivery dockets, entering items into the point of sale and loss management
- Oversees the Zoo’s cash control center, ensures all procedures are met and follow-up on any cash discrepancies
- Oversees opening and closing procedures, including counting down drawers
- Collects data from the point of sale, creates reports for department heads and provides some analysis.
- Database administrator for all items including memberships and events in the point of sale
- Scheduling all Guest service staff
- Sets up summer camps and events in the point of sale system
- Main contact for IT support company and for the point of sale IT support
- Functions as Duty Manager as needed
- Supports the Director of Guest Experience by performing other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and positively influence others to contribute to organizational effectiveness
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate personnel to meet Zoo objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Be hands on and be able to do any task that is needed to be performed.